Sciatica is very common condition that can cause due to tight muscle or herniated disc causes inflammation and swelling of the sciatic nerve and hence causes radiating nerve pain from the buttock to the posterior part of thigh ,knee ,leg and/or foot.
1. Piriformis stretches - 3 times for 30 seconds hold
2. Hamstrings stretches - 3 times 30 seconds hold
3. Bridging - 1-2 sets of 10 repetitions
4. On forearms - 1-2 sets of 10 repetitions
5. On elbows - 1-2 sets of repetitions.
These exercises will help to decrease pain, improve range of motion, flexibility and core strength.
1: bridging 2 sets of 10 repetitions with 3 to 5 seconds hold
2. Unilateral hip knee flexion and bilateral hip knee flexion for 3 times with 30 seconds hold
3. Piriformis stretches - 3 times for 30 seconds hold
4. Cat and Dog - 1-2 sets of 10 repetitions with 3-5 seconds hold
5. All 4s - alternate leg and hand raise - 1-2 sets of 10 repetitions with 3-5 seconds hold
Lower back pain is a very common condition among all age group. Most of the patients I see complaints of stiffness and pain in the back. These stretches can be done at home to decrease muscle spasm , muscle tightness and pain. It also helps to improve flexibility and joint range of motion. These are everyday stretches for common lower back pain.
These stretches can be performed 3 times with 30 seconds hold on everyday basis.
1. Hip Knee Flexion
2. Piriformis stretches type 1
3. Piriformis stretches type 2
4. Prayer stretch
5. Seated bilateral hamstring stretches.