Exercise Program for Seniors
Mobile Physical Therapy for Seniors
As we age, it's important to stay active and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Regular exercise is essential for seniors to maintain their strength, flexibility, and balance. At Mobile Physio Care, we provide mobile physical therapy for seniors in Edgewater New Jersey to help them stay active and healthy.
Our certified physical therapists are experienced in working with seniors and understand the unique needs and challenges that come with aging. We provide personalized exercise programs that are tailored to each individual's needs, abilities, and fitness goals.
Our exercises for seniors are designed to improve strength, flexibility, balance, and coordination. We use a variety of exercises, including resistance training, stretching, and low-impact aerobic exercises, to help seniors achieve their fitness goals in a safe and effective way.
Our physical therapy for seniors at home is convenient and easy to access. Our therapists come to you, eliminating the need to travel to a physical therapy clinic. This is especially important for seniors who may have mobility issues or transportation challenges.
Physical Therapy for Seniors in Cliffside Park, NJ
At Mobile Physio Care, we believe that exercise should be enjoyable, which is why we make our exercises for seniors fun and engaging. Our certified physical therapists provide one-on-one support and motivation to help seniors stay on track and achieve their fitness goals.
If you're a senior looking for mobile Physical therapy for seniors in cliffside park, NJ,, contact us today to schedule your first session. Our experienced and certified physical therapists are here to help you stay active, healthy, and independent as you age.
Lower extremity exercises to improve mobility , to decrease muscle tightness, to increase range of motion and strength.
1. Long arc quadriceps- 3 sets of 10 repetitions with 3 to 5 seconds hold
2. Hip knee flexion - 3 sets of 10 repetitions
3. Hip abduction - 3 sets of 10 repetitions
4. Hip adduction - squeeze a pillow between legs
3 sets of 10 repetitions with 3-5 seconds hold
5. Ankle movement - toes up and heels up
3 sets of 10 repetitions
6. Sit to stand - 1 to 2 sets of 10 repetitions
These shoulder exercises can help to
- reduce pain
- decrease muscle tightness
- decrease joint stiffness
- improve shoulder range of motion
- increase muscle strength
- and improve posture.
You just need a bottle of water - start with half liter and gradually move to 1 liter. Perform each exercise for 2-3 sets of 8 to 10 repetitions.
1. Shoulder flexion
2. Shoulder abduction
3. Shoulder extension
4. Shoulder rotations
Osteoporosis is very common in 50 years and older age group. It is very common in women than men. Research studies show that osteoporosis is a very common cause of fracture hip, spine and wrist in aging population. These exercises can help to slow the bone loss and to prevent fracture.
1. Wall Push Ups - Stand with both hands on the wall and perform push ups from standing position.
2. Hip Extension or Back kicks - Move your leg backwards from standing position. You can use a chair or your kitchen island for support and prevent loss of balance.
3. Hip Abduction or Side kicks - Move your leg sideways from standing position.
4. Single limb stance - Stand on one leg for 20 seconds. Use support if needed. If it is difficult to stand for 20 seconds then initially start from 10 seconds and gradually increase up to 30 seconds..
5. Squats - Stand straight with a wide stance and slowly bend your knees and hips to move your body downwards and forwards while moving your hips backwards. Think that you are trying to sit on an imaginary chair. Keep your balance and control the movement. You can use a chair or kitchen island for support.