5 Exercises/Stretches For Bow Legs - Part 1
First five home exercises to get started for bow legs to decrease muscle tightness and to improve range of motion.
Knee Pain -Exercises To Improve Strength And Stability Of Knee Joint Phase 2 #Homeexercise #Kneepain
Phase 2 therapeutic exercises focus on gradual weight bearing on the knee to improve strength, balance and joint stability.
1. Bridging - 2 x 10 repetitions(reps.) with 3 to 5 seconds hold.
2. Side lying side kicks - 2 x 10 reps.
3. Knee flexion - 2 x 10 reps.
4. Side kicks in standing - 2 x 10 reps.
5. Squats - 2 x 10 reps. hold the position for 3 to 5 seconds hold
Start with supported squats if unsupported squats are difficult to perform.
6. Lunges - 2 x 10 reps. Perform slow and gradual movement without leaning forward.
Start with supported lunges if unsupported lunges are difficult to perform
7. Single limb stance - 5 reps. Stand on the knee for 30 seconds to improve balance and knee stability. You can start with supported single limb stance and gradually learn unsupported single limb stance - start from holding the position for 10 seconds to 30 seconds.
Apply ice pack for 10 to 20 minutes after the exercises.
Knee Pain - 10 Best Home Exercises For Knee Pain !! Phase 1
Phase 1 focuses on PAIN relief !
These exercises help to decrease muscle tightness , to lubricate the joints and to improve blood circulation to the joint by activating muscles around the knee joint.
Knee Pain - Apply Ice pack for 10 minutes Before and 10 minutes After the physical therapy session,
Total minutes - 20 to 30 minutes.
If any of these exercises make your pain worse STOP and move onto the next one. If the pain is persistent STOP and consult a medical professional.
1. Static Quadriceps - Perform this exercise for 2 sets of 10 times with 3 to 5 seconds hold.
2. Ankle toe movement - 2 sets of 10 repetitions with 3 to 5 seconds hold
3. Static hamstrings - 2 sets of 10 repetitions with 3 to 5 seconds hold.
4. Short Arc Quadriceps - 2 sets of 10 repetitions with 3 to 5 seconds hold on extension. Slow and controlled movement while lowering the leg.
5. Heel slides - 2 sets of 10 repetitions with 3 to 5 seconds hold.
6. Straight leg raise - 2 sets of 10 repetitions with controlled slow movement up and down without dropping your leg down
7. Hip Knee flexion - 2 sets of 10 repetitions.
8 - Hip abduction in supine lying - 2 sets of 10 reps. Slow and controlled movement.
9. Long arc quadriceps - 2 sets of 10 repetitions with 3 to5 seconds hold. Know sudden movement and control your leg while lowering it down.
10. Hamstring stretches - 3 repetitions with 30 seconds hold.
Raise your leg straight up and when you start feeling a stretch hold the leg in that position for 30 seconds. You can use a stretch band or a towel.